2. Open and closed syllables
3. Learning a word as a picture
4. Voiced and unvoiced sounds
5. Link reading and spelling as words are deconstructed.
6. Cut words up to show the syllables.
7. Use magnetic letters, this example uses stop motion video. You can also take a word and mix up the letters so the student has to rearrange them.
8. Simultaneous Oral Spelling – using letters names aloud whilst spelling.
9. Make videos, use play doh – good for irregular High Frequency Words.
10. Teach affixes and link concepts: